Who should attend?
This free webinar series is for families of babies from birth to 24 months — whether you have concerns about your baby’s development, or your baby is reaching all of their milestones on time — and families expecting a baby. When it comes to your baby, peace of mind is everything. We also welcome grandparents or other caregivers, early childhood educators, other professionals, and anyone interested in supporting babies to learn to talk and much more. This webinar is a companion to our resources and tools for families at BabyNavigator.com.
What will we cover?
Baby Navigator is collaborating with the Reading Rockets to bring this webinar series to you. We watch videos together that show how to turn activities you’re doing everyday into learning moments for your baby . . . how to support your baby through challenging moments to get ahead of the terrible twos . . . and much more. These simple moments matter. Especially because your baby’s brain is developing at an amazing rate. What you do and say now can make all the difference.
Each webinar will cover the following agenda:
- What does it take to learn to talk — gestures, sounds, actions and more
- How to support your baby’s learning in everyday activities
- How to get ahead of the terrible twos
- Why join Baby Navigator — learn about our free online resources and tools from pregnancy until your baby turns 24 months old
When is this scheduled?
This webinar series is scheduled twice a month and continues year-round. Join anytime and attend when you can. Note that this webinar will be cancelled for Thursday, June 17. For this day, we will instead host our annual Summer Training Institute on Autism.
- Days: 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month (barring holidays)
- Time: 1:00 to 2:30pm (Eastern Time)
You must register to participate. You can find the specific dates on the Registration page. Once you register, you will receive email reminders for each webinar in the series that will let you know about featured topics.
How do I register?
The Baby Navigator Webinar Series is a recurring Zoom session. When you register for the first time, you won’t have to register for future webinars. Attend as often as you can. Although this is intended to be a family webinar, we do welcome providers, too.
We cannot record our webinars because we show photos and videos of our families, so make sure to register with the link above.
If you are a provider and would like an attendance certificate after attending one of the webinars in this series, complete this Evaluation and Certificate Request Form.
What is Baby Navigator?
The mission of Baby Navigator is to provide resources and tools for families to celebrate and support their baby’s early learning and nurture the development of language and success in school… and in life.
Find out more about Baby Navigator online resources and tools and why parents should join.
Hosts for this Webinar
- Amy M. Wetherby, PhD Distinguished Research Professor • Director, FIRST WORDS Project, Florida State University
- Renee Daly Holland, MS, Assistant Director • Baby Navigator Master Coach & Global Trainer, Florida State University
- Patricia Armstrong, MS, Autism Navigator Master Coach & Global Trainer
- Abigail Delehanty, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Speech Language Pathology, Duquesne University