Who should attend?
This free webinar is for pediatricians, family physicians, physician assistants, nurses, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, social workers, behavior health specialists, other health care providers in primary care, service coordinators, and other team members in early childhood education and early intervention systems serving babies from birth to 24 months of age.
What will this webinar cover?
This webinar will (1) highlight Baby Navigator resources for families, (2) offer guidance on how you can invite families to Baby Navigator for surveillance & screening, and (3) provide practical strategies on using our Conversational Steps to build consensus with families on the early signs of language delay and autism and to engage families in using Baby Navigator and Autism Navigator online tools and courses.
Baby Navigator is for families to find out what it takes for their baby to learn to talk, how to support their baby’s learning in everyday activities that they’re already doing, and how to track your baby’s development from birth to their 2nd birthday. Families who join will be invited to our online resources and tools tailored to their child’s age. Click to learn more about why families should join Baby Navigator.
Baby Navigator is grant funded, so everything is FREE for families. All Baby Navigator resources are available in English and Spanish.
Each webinar will cover the following agenda:
- Why Join Baby Navigator—Highlights of Baby Navigator resources for families
- How can you register for a Baby Navigator Provider Portal?
- Conversational Steps to build consensus with families on early signs and engage families to get started right away
- Sharing Ideas for community partnerships to build a Care Team for families in Baby Navigator and engage families earlier
- Discussion of Opportunities for Research Collaboration
Schedule and Registration
This webinar is scheduled once a month and continues year-round. Other date and time options may become available in the future.
- Day: 1st Thursday of each month (barring holidays)
- Time: 4:00pm to 5:30pm (Eastern Time)
You must register to participate. Once you register, you will receive email reminders. We cannot record our webinars because we show photos and videos of our families, so make sure to register with the link above.
Where is the Resources page for this webinar?
We will provide instructions for how to access Resources for Baby Navigator Conversations during the webinar. Webinar attendance is required to access these resources.
Panelists for this Webinar
- Amy M. Wetherby, PhD, Distinguished Research Professor • Director, FIRST WORDS Project & Autism Institute
- Charly Nottke, MS, Assistant Director of Early Detection & Prevention Research, FSU Autism Institute
- Heather Venclauskas, MPA, RN, Lead Family Navigator and Healthcare Outreach Coordinator, FIRST WORDS Project
- Patricia Armstrong, MSW, Autism Navigator Master Coach & Global Trainer, FSU Autism Institute
- Dr. Tia Walton Walker, PhD, Research Faculty and Community Engagement Coordinator, FSU Autism Institute