Who should attend?
This free webinar series is for regular education and special education teachers, district-level personnel, speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, early interventionists, psychologists, behavior specialists, social workers, paraprofessionals, college students, and anyone else interested in learning about students with autism. This webinar is a companion to our new Classroom Success course, but anyone interested can attend.
What will we cover?
Participants will learn about an evidence-based framework to prioritize goals using a lens of active engagement and a layer cake of teaching strategies to promote learning and positive behavior. To achieve the intensity needed and promote generalization for students with autism, we will highlight the importance of teaching and learning across everyday classroom activities. Video examples and audience participation will be used to illustrate how to apply this model to both in-person and virtual classrooms, and to teach parents strategies to support their child’s learning in everyday activities at home.
This webinar is a 6-week series that covers the following 6 topics:
- Week 1: Getting Started — Everything Grows out of Productive Roles
- Week 2: Active Engagement Step 1 — Coming Together Layer 1 Supports for a Shared Agenda
- Week 3: Active Engagement Step 2 — Keeping Together Layer 2 Supports for Social Reciprocity
- Week 4: Addressing Challenging Behavior Part 1
- Week 5: Active Engagement Step 3 — Working Together Layer 3 Supports for Better Skills
- Week 6: Addressing Challenging Behavior Part 2
When is this scheduled?
This webinar is a 6-week series and will be scheduled 4 times this year—Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer. Join the next webinar series and attend when you can.
- Day: Wednesdays (barring holidays)
- Time: 4:00 to 5:30pm (Eastern Time)
You must register to participate. You can find the specific dates on the Registration page. Once you register, you will receive email reminders for each webinar in the series. Attendance certificates will be emailed within ten days of each weekly session.
How do I register?
The Classroom Success 6-week webinar series is a recurring Zoom session. You only need to register once for each 6-week webinar series. If you want to attend this 6-week series again in the future, you will need to register again.
You must register to participate. You can find the specific dates for each series on the Registration page. Once you register, you will receive email reminders for each webinar in the series.
Winter Series begins February 1, 2023
Spring Series begins May 3, 2023
We cannot record our webinars because we show photos and videos of our families, so make sure to register with the link above.
Where is the Resources page for this webinar?
Be sure to go to the Resources page that we have created for you. You can find resource documents from our Classroom Success course and the research article on the efficacy study of this model with elementary school students. You can also find a link to the Feedback Survey for this webinar series.
Hosts for this Webinar from the Florida State University (FSU) Autism Institute
- Amy M Wetherby, PhD, CCC-SLP, Director and Distinguished Research Professor, FSU College of Medicine
- Joy Moore, MS, CCC-SLP, Autism Navigator Master Coach and Global Trainer
- Renee Daly Holland, MS, CCC-SLP, Assistant Director of Early Intervention Services Research
- Lerena Fleck, MS, Autism Consultant for the FSU Center for Autism and Related Disabilities
- Debi Cassidy, BS, Autism Consultant for the FSU Center for Autism and Related Disabilities
- Catherine Zenko, MS, CCC-SLP, Director of the FSU Center for Autism and Related Disabilities