Who should attend?
This free webinar series is for regular education and special education teachers, district-level personnel, speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, early interventionists, psychologists, behavior specialists, social workers, paraprofessionals, college students, and anyone else interested in learning about students with autism. This webinar is a companion to our new Classroom Success course, but anyone interested can attend.
What will we cover?
Participants will learn about an evidence-based framework to prioritize goals using a lens of active engagement and a layer cake of teaching strategies to promote learning and positive behavior. To achieve the intensity needed and promote generalization for students with autism, we will highlight the importance of teaching and learning across everyday classroom activities. Video examples and audience participation will be used to illustrate how to apply this model to both in-person and virtual classrooms, and to teach parents strategies to support their child’s learning in everyday activities at home.
This monthly series will cover the following 6 topics:
- Everything Grows out of Productive Roles
- Improving Active Engagement using our Layer Cake of Supports for a Shared Agenda
- Improving Active Engagement using our Layer Cake of Supports for Social Reciprocity
- Addressing Challenging Behavior—Figuring out Why and Develop a Positive Behavior Support Plan
- Improving Active Engagement using our Layer Cake of Supports for Better Skills
- Addressing Challenging Behavior—Role of Emotional Regulation and Watch Key Strategies and Supports in Action
These 6 topics will be repeated twice a year—January to June and July to December. Attend when you can.
When is this scheduled?
This webinar series covers 6 monthly topics and is repeated twice a year: January to June and July to December.
- Day: 2nd Wednesday of each month (barring holidays)
- Time: 4:00 to 5:30pm (Eastern Time)
You must register to participate. You can find the specific dates on the Registration page. Once you register, you will receive email reminders for each webinar in the series. Attendance certificates will be emailed within ten days of each weekly session.
How do I register?
The Classroom Success monthly webinar series is a recurring Zoom webinar. You only need to register once for this webinar series.
You must register to participate. You will see the specific dates for each series on the Registration page. Once you register, you will receive email reminders for each webinar in the series. Attendance certificates are emailed within two weeks of each session.
Why is attending important?
By attending, you are joining a community of learners watching videos together and sharing their experiences, questions, and encouragement. You will receive a certificate of attendance. We cannot record our webinars because we show photos and videos of our families, so make sure to attend. Attendance certificates are emailed within two weeks of each webinar.
Where is the Resources Page for this webinar?
Be sure to go to the Resources Page that we have created for you. You can find resource documents from our Classroom Success course and the research article on the efficacy study of this model with elementary school students. You can also find a link to the Feedback Survey for this webinar series.
Hosts for this Webinar from the Florida State University (FSU) Autism Institute
- Amy M Wetherby, PhD, CCC-SLP, Director and Distinguished Research Professor, FSU College of Medicine
- Joy Moore, MS, CCC-SLP, Autism Navigator Master Coach and Global Trainer
- Renee Daly Holland, MS, CCC-SLP, Assistant Director of Early Intervention Services Research
- Lerena Fleck, MS, Autism Consultant for the FSU Center for Autism and Related Disabilities
- Debi Cassidy, BS, Autism Consultant for the FSU Center for Autism and Related Disabilities
- Catherine Zenko, MS, CCC-SLP, Director of the FSU Center for Autism and Related Disabilities