Who should attend?
This free webinar series is for families, professionals, college students, or anyone else interested in learning about autism. This webinar series is a companion to our About Autism in Toddlers online course that is free to the public.
What will we cover?
This webinar series will help you learn about the core diagnostic features and early signs of autism in toddlers and see early intervention in action.
Each webinar will cover the following agenda:
- What is autism and what are the early signs in toddlers?
- Watch video clips together — Practice observing early signs of autism and see early intervention in action
- How Autism Navigator online courses and tools can help you
When is this scheduled?
This webinar series is scheduled once a month and continues year-round. Join anytime, attend once or come back when you can.
- Day: 1st Friday of each month (barring holidays)
- Time: 12:00 noon to 1:00pm (Eastern Time)
You must register for each monthly webinar to participate.
How do I register?
Register for each of our About Autism in Toddlers webinars here. Registration opens for each webinar a month ahead and up to the time the webinar starts at noon each month. Register early as each webinar may fill up.
We cannot record our webinars because we show photos and videos of our families, so make sure to register with the link above.
If you are a provider and would like an attendance certificate after attending one of the webinars in this series, complete this Evaluation and Certificate Request Form.
Where can I find Tools for this webinar?
Be sure to go to the Tools page we created for this webinar and our About Autism in Toddlers course. In Tools, you can find print materials on information covered in the webinar and course, links to information about autism from other websites and important e-documents. You can also find the script of the audio narration in our About Autism in Toddlers course.
You can find our Tools page and much more when you enroll in our About Autism in Toddlers course.
Where can I learn about Autism Navigator courses for families?
Find out about our online courses for families and how to enroll at AutismNavigator.com.
- About Autism in Toddlers for families to learn about early signs of autism with videos of over a dozen toddlers with autism at 18–24 months and see early intervention in action.
- ASD Video Glossary is perfect when families want more information—there are hundreds of side-by-side video clips illustrating diagnostic features and treatment models to consider.
- How-To Guide for Families is a 15-hour course — families can get started learning evidence-based intervention strategies to use in activities they are already doing to support their child’s learning and development and see meaningful changes.
Host and Panelists for this Webinar from the Florida State University Autism Institute
- Dr. Amy M. Wetherby, Director and Distinguished Research Professor, FSU College of Medicine
- Lerena Fleck, MS, Autism Consultant for the FSU Center for Autism and Related Disabilities
- Patricia Armstrong, Autism Navigator Master Coach & Global Trainer
- Joy Moore, Autism Navigator Master Coach & Global Trainer
- Dr. Tia Walton Walker, Research Faculty and Community Engagement Coordinator
- Dr. Iris Davis, Post-Doctoral Fellow
- Dr. Abigail Delehanty, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Speech Language Pathology, Duquesne University
- Mara Szymkowiak, Autism Navigator Early Intervention Provider