Who should attend?
This free webinar series is geared toward any discipline that works with young children and families, including early childhood and special education teachers, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, social workers, nurses, pediatricians, family physicians, college students in these disciplines, and anyone else interested in learning about the magic of learning to talk. This webinar series is a companion to our new to SC•DIT course but anyone interested can attend.
FREE GIVEAWAY of SC•DIT Course to One Participant at Each Webinar
We are excited to announce an opportunity for a FREE GIVEAWAY at our Fall SC•DIT webinar series. We’re offering a chance for one participant outside of Florida to win a free SC•DIT course, worth $75 USD, at each webinar.
Here’s how it works:
- During each of our 6 webinars this Fall, we will select one lucky winner from among the attendees. The best part? It’s absolutely FREE to enter.
- At the end of each webinar, we’ll invite interested participants to chat in a number between 1 and 100. The participant whose number comes closest to our random number generator will be the lucky winner.
- No purchase is necessary to participate. The winning participant must be attending at the time of the drawing.
For Florida Residents:
Great news for Florida residents. All our Autism Navigator courses including SC•DIT, are FREE for Floridians. If you live and/or work in Florida, simply complete this REQUEST FORM to enroll for FREE.
What will we cover?
Join us to celebrate how amazing it is for children to learn to talk. Social communication milestones offer a critical window into the wellbeing of infants and toddlers and are the earliest signs of healthy development and school readiness and an opportunity to catch small delays early. Watch videos with us and chat in as we explore questions like What does it take for children to learn to talk? and How can parents & other caregivers support children’s learning in everyday activities?
This monthly series will cover the following 6 topics:
- Encouraging the Magic — Responsive Parenting Strategies
- Language Domain — Gestures & Meanings | Sounds & Words
- Play Domain — Using Actions with Objects | Social Sharing with Objects
- Social Interaction Domain — Social Attention | Intentional Communication
- Emotional Regulation Domain — Sharing & Managing Emotions | Regulating Challenging Moments
- Self-Directed Learning Domain — Understanding Messages | Creating New Ideas
These 6 topics will be repeated twice a year—January to June and July to December. Attend when you can.
When is this scheduled?
This webinar series covers 6 monthly topics and is repeated twice a year: January to June and July to December.
- Day: 2nd Wednesday of each month (barring holidays)
- Time: 1:00 to 2:30pm (Eastern Time)
How do I register?
The SC•DIT monthly webinar series is a recurring Zoom webinar. You only need to register once for this webinar series.
You must register to participate. You will see the specific dates for each series on the Registration page. Once you register, you will receive email reminders for each webinar in the series.
How do I get to the Feedback Survey and Attendance Certificate Request Form?
To request an attendance certificate, please complete our Feedback Survey for this webinar. Certificates are emailed within two weeks of the webinar date.
Why is attending Important?
By attending, you are joining a community of learners watching videos together and sharing their experiences, questions, and encouragement. You will receive a certificate of attendance. We cannot record our webinars because we show photos and videos of our families, so make sure to attend.
Where is the SC•DIT Resources Page for this webinar?
Be sure to go to the SC•DIT Resources Page that we have created for you. You can find resource documents from our SC•DIT course and research on responsive parenting strategies.
Hosts for this Webinar
- Amy M. Wetherby, PhD Distinguished Research Professor • Director, FIRST WORDS Project, Florida State University
- Renee Daly Holland, MS, Assistant Director • Baby Navigator Master Coach & Global Trainer, Florida State University
Panelist from the Florida State University (FSU) Autism Institute
- Patricia Armstrong, MSW • Autism Navigator Master Coach & Global Trainer
- Mara Szymkowiak, MS • Autism Navigator Regional Specialist in Training