Who should attend?
This free webinar is for pediatricians, family physicians, physician assistants, nurses, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, social workers, behavior health specialists, other health care providers in primary care, service coordinators, and other team members in early childhood education and early intervention systems serving babies from birth to 24 months of age.
What will this webinar cover?
This advanced webinar offers a group discussion and self-guided online course materials for professionals to learn about our 3by6 Conversational Steps — you will learn how to use family-centered and motivational interviewing techniques to build consensus with families on early signs of language delay and autism and engage families in using our Navigator resources.
Baby Navigator is for families to find out what it takes for their baby to learn to talk, how to support their baby’s learning in everyday activities that they’re already doing, and how to track your baby’s development from birth to their 2nd birthday. Families who join will be invited to our online resources and tools tailored to their child’s age. Click to learn more about why families should join Baby Navigator.
Baby Navigator is grant funded, so everything is FREE for families. All Baby Navigator resources are available in English and Spanish.
Each webinar will cover the following agenda:
- Conversational Steps to build consensus with families on early signs and to engage families to get started right away
- Why Join Baby Navigator—Highlights of Baby Navigator resources
- My Autism Navigator App—Highlights of Autism Navigator resources
- Sharing ideas for community partners to build a Care Team with families in Baby Navigator and engage families earlier
Schedule and Registration
This webinar is scheduled once a month and continues year-round.
- Day: 1st Thursday of each month (barring holidays)
- Time: 4:00pm to 5:00pm (Eastern Time)
You must register to participate. Once you register, you will receive email reminders. We cannot record our webinars because we show photos and videos of our families, so make sure to register with the link above.
How do I get to the Feedback Survey and Attendance Certificate Request Form?
To request an attendance certificate, please complete our Feedback Survey for this webinar. Certificates are emailed within two weeks of the webinar date.
Where is the Resources Page for this webinar?
We have a private, password-protected Resources Page with course materials that are free. If you are not already registered for the resource webpage, you will need to complete a brief application to access to the resource webpage. Please complete and submit this application prior to attending. Once approved, you will receive a new link to register for the resource webpage. Approval will take place during the Baby Navigator Conversations webinar you attend after completing the form.
Attendance at this Autism Navigator Webinar for Professionals is required to access these resources.
Panelists for this Webinar
- Amy M. Wetherby, PhD, Distinguished Research Professor • Director, FIRST WORDS Project & Autism Institute
- Patricia Armstrong, MSW, Autism Navigator Master Coach & Global Trainer, FSU Autism Institute
- Joy Moore, SLP, Autism Navigator Master Coach & Global Trainer, FSU Autism Institute