Who should attend?
This free webinar is for families of children 1 to 8 years of age who are concerned about their child’s social communication development, challenging behavior, or possible autism, or anyone interested in learning more about autism.
What will we cover?
Autism Navigator is collaborating with Autism Science Foundation to bring this webinar series to you. This webinar will help you learn about our How-To Guide for Families online course and ways you can use this resource to engage your child in activities you’re already doing every day and help develop your child’s social communication skills.
Each webinar will cover the following agenda:
- What it takes to learn to talk—gestures, sounds, actions and more
- How to support your child’s learning in everyday activities
- How Autism Navigator and Baby Navigator online resources can help each family
When is this scheduled?
This webinar series is scheduled twice a month and continues year-round. Join anytime and attend when you can.
- Days: 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month (barring holidays)
- Time: 1:00 to 2:30pm (Eastern Time)
You must register to participate. You can find the specific dates on the Registration page. Once you register, you will receive email reminders for each webinar in the series.
Why is attending important?
By attending, you are joining a community of learners watching videos together and sharing their experiences, questions, and encouragement. We cannot record our webinars because we show photos and videos of our families, so make sure to attend.
How do I register?
The How-To Guide Webinar Series is a recurring Zoom session. When you register for the first time, you won’t have to register for future webinars. Attend as often as you can.
We cannot record our webinars because we show photos and videos of our families, so make sure to register with the link above.
How do I get to the Feedback Survey and Attendance Certificate Request form?
To request an attendance certificate, please complete our Feedback Survey for this webinar. Certificates are emailed within two weeks of the webinar date.
Hosts for this Webinar from the Florida State University Autism Institute
- Dr. Amy M. Wetherby, Distinguished Research Professor • Director
- Joy Moore, Autism Navigator Master Coach & Global Trainer
- Patricia Armstrong, Autism Navigator Master Coach & Global Trainer
- Mara Szymkowiak, ESI & Autism Navigator Master Coach in Training
Our Collaborator and Panelist from Autism Science Foundation
- Dr. Alycia Halladay, Chief Science Officer, Autism Science Foundation