Who should attend?
This free webinar is for early intervention providers, interdisciplinary healthcare providers, home visitors, and other team members working with young children and their families in early intervention systems or early childhood education.
What will we cover?
The Autism Navigator team will share information about how to implement mobile coaching (a.k.a. working remotely, telepractice, or video conferencing) to conduct meaningful intervention sessions with families of infants and toddlers with ASD or early signs of autism.
Mobile coaching can provide families the guidance they need to support their child’s learning right from their own home in activities that they do every day. This saves travel time for providers, keeps services going when face-to-face coaching sessions may not be possible, and provides services in the natural environment.
Each webinar will cover the following agenda:
- How to get started planning and setting up a mobile intervention session
- How families can embed intervention strategies throughout the day and between coaching sessions
- Strategies to coach caregivers across everyday activities and routines
When is this scheduled?
This webinar is scheduled on the 1st Tuesday of each month and continues year-round. The content is the same each month so select your preferred date.
- Day: 1st Tuesday of each month (barring holidays)
- Time: 3:30pm to 5:00pm (Eastern Time)
How do I register?
This webinar is offered on the following dates and times. Select your preferred date. The content is the same for each webinar date.
You must register to participate. Once you register, you will receive email reminders. After you attend, you will receive a certificate of attendance by email within two weeks. We cannot record our webinars because we show photos and videos of our families, so make sure to register with the link above.
Hosts for this Webinar from the Florida State University (FSU) Autism Institute
- Amy M Wetherby, PhD, CCC-SLP, Distinguished Research Professor, College of Medicine, Florida State University; Director, FSU Autism Institute
- Renee Daly Holland, MS, CCC-SLP, Assistant Director of Early Intervention Services Research, FSU Autism Institute
- Joy Moore, MS, CCC-SLP, Autism Navigator Master Coach and Global Trainer, FSU Autism Institute
- Patricia Armstrong, MSW, Autism Navigator Master Coach and Global Trainer, FSU Autism Institute